Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh What a Beautiful Day....

Some days you just have to wake up and be thankful for what you have. Today I have wonderful friends, that understand that I own my own business and try to help out with my son whenever they can. I also mentioned my own business, I am thankful for that. It somehow gives me peace of mind to walk into this store every day knowing that my best is showing right here, and I think that most people that come appreciate that I work hard to keep it as nice as possible. When I bought the store it was a bit run down and not taken care of quite like it should have been. I have worked endless hours to get it to this point and I want so much more for it. I will work as hard as it takes and for as long as it takes to make it a success for myself as well as my customers. Speaking of customers, there is something else that I have to be thankful for, every now and then I will have a day and wonder why I work so hard and why I even bother and almost always when I am having one of those days in will walk a customer that tells me how incredible my store is and that they can't imagine how much work it is and that they are so glad I am here. That is when I remember why I do what I do. That is when I am thankful that I have had this opportunity in my life and that is when I know why I bother. Thanks to all of you for giving me so much to be thankful for. Have a great day and remember "It's Always Worth the Trip" @ Silkweeds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Lisa! Congrats on the new blog:) It's really a great thing to keep a "journal" of what is going on business wise and lifewise.

Being grateful is so important...keep looking at life that way kiddo!
Dancingly, Denise
www.dancinglydenise.typepad.com

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.